Air India flight travelling from Nagpur to Mumbai landed in trouble after a female passenger received a scorpion sting.
The passenger received treatment and is currently safe, according to Air India, which confirmed the event that happened on April 23.
Although live birds and rats have been discovered on board before, it is unusual for a passenger to be stung by a scorpion.
According to an Air India representative who talked to ANI, "there was an extremely rare and unfortunate incident involving a scorpion stinging a passenger on board our flight AI 630 on April 23, 2023."
Soon after the plane landed, the female passenger received emergency medical attention and was taken to the hospital.
"On landing the said passenger was attended by the doctor at the airport and subsequently was treated at the hospital and discharged. Our officials accompanied the passenger to the hospital and offered all support to the passenger till discharge," AI spokesperson said.
Upon receiving information of the incident, Air India's engineering team carried out a thorough inspection of the aircraft. “Our team followed the protocol and conducted a complete inspection of the aircraft and found the scorpion after which due fumigation process was carried out. We sincerely regret the agony and inconvenience caused to the passenger,” Air India said.
Tom Cruise, Elsina Khayrova call it quits shortly after meeting to her kids
Priyanka Chopra daughter Malti delightful journey on her first hike: ‘experiencing everything’
Watch: Nick Jonas offers a peek into his pre-show workout day with Joe and Kevin
Jenna Ortega spills major beans about her character in 'Beetlejuice' sequel