· 2 tablespoons coconut oil
· 1 small onion, diced
· 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
· ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1 tablespoon garam masala spice mix
· 1 teaspoon ground ginger
· ½ teaspoon cumin
· 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
· ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
· 2 cups chicken stock
· 1 can crushed tomatoes
· 1 can full fat coconut milk
· 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt
· 1 whole rotisserie chicken or 4 cups shredded chicken
Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a heavy soup pot. Sauté the onion for five minutes then add garlic cloves for three more minutes.
Add the cayenne pepper, garam masala, ginger, cumin powder, turmeric, and cinnamon. Sauté for three minutes longer until the spices are fragrant.
Add to the pot, two cups of chicken stock, tomatoes and coconut milk. Simmer for 30 minutes. Using an immersion blender, or a stand blender purée the soup until smooth and creamy.
Season with salt and add shredded chicken when about to serve.
Parineeti Chopra treats fans with music video of 'Mission Raniganj' romantic song 'Keemti'
Maya Ali pens heartfelt note to co-stars and fans following ‘Yunhi’ finale
Imtiaz Ali sets record straight on Kareena Kapoor’ hit ‘Jab We Met’ sequel speculations
Sajal Ali shares words of wisdom about life: ‘let things be different’