· 2 tablespoons coconut oil
· 1 small onion, diced
· 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
· ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1 tablespoon garam masala spice mix
· 1 teaspoon ground ginger
· ½ teaspoon cumin
· 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
· ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
· 2 cups chicken stock
· 1 can crushed tomatoes
· 1 can full fat coconut milk
· 1-2 teaspoons kosher salt
· 1 whole rotisserie chicken or 4 cups shredded chicken
Heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat in a heavy soup pot. Sauté the onion for five minutes then add garlic cloves for three more minutes.
Add the cayenne pepper, garam masala, ginger, cumin powder, turmeric, and cinnamon. Sauté for three minutes longer until the spices are fragrant.
Add to the pot, two cups of chicken stock, tomatoes and coconut milk. Simmer for 30 minutes. Using an immersion blender, or a stand blender purée the soup until smooth and creamy.
Season with salt and add shredded chicken when about to serve.
Natalie Portman, Britney Spears share past as understudies for common role
Watch: Suhana Khan rediates eastern glam in yellow attire with 'The Archies' cast
Nicki Minaj devoted fans craft 'Gag City' through AI before 'Pink Friday 2' release
Sara Ali Khan reminiscences about debut ‘Kedarnath’ on its 5th anniversary