· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 onion, thinly sliced
· 4 silverbeet leaves, stalks sliced, leaves shredded
· 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
· 1 tablespoon ground cumin
· 400 g chickpeas
· 2 tablespoons tomato paste
· 2 tablespoons harissa paste
· 12 cherry heirloom tomatoes, halved
· 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
· 140 g thick Greek-style yoghurt
· 2 tablespoons zaatar (Middle Eastern spice mix)
Heat oil in a deep frypan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for five minutes or until translucent.
Add silverbeet stalks and cook, stirring, for a further five minutes until softened and onion is starting to caramelise. Add garlic, cumin, chickpeas, tomato paste, harissa, half tomato and little water.
Cook, stirring, for three minutes or until well combined and tomato is softened. Add the silverbeet leaves, vinegar and a splash of water, then cover with a lid and steam until silverbeet is wilted but is still bright green.
Season. Serve the harissa chickpeas topped with yoghurt, zaatar and remaining tomato.